Canada Tourist/Visitor Visa
Frequently Asked Questions
Why would you like to visit Canada?
Canada is in demand among students, business professionals, and workers. It is known for:
- Modern and multicultural cities
- Natural attractions like Rocky Mountain Parks, Niagara Falls, etc
- Several outdoor activities like camping, rafting, etc
- Famous events and festivals of the country
- Canada’s 4 seasons have different charm in the country
- Witness the dominant French culture in Canada
- Very feasible for a vacation with kids
To see all these, you require a visa in Canada by paying proper visa fees along with the visa application to travel on the temporary resident visa or permit.
Can you apply for a Canadian visa without an invitation letter?
An invitation letter is not compulsory to apply for a visitor visa. It is an added document to make your case strong and prove the immigration officer that you are visiting Canada to meet family or friends or from canadian citizens who invited you over there.
Can a person work with a visitor visa?
You are not allowed to work or indulge in any commercial activity which will get you to enter the labour market when you have a visitor visa stamped in your passport.
How much time is a tourist visa valid?
A person whose visit visa is stamped in the passport can stay up to 6 months anywhere in Canada. You have to leave the country before the permit expiry date.
What is the way to prove that you will leave Canada?
You are required to provide proof apart from being a citizen of the country through the passport. The proofs can be:
- Proof to show that you have family in your home country from whom you have to support financially
- Proof that you will not study or work in Canada
- Proof of no criminal records
All these proofs should be submitted along with your visa application.
Why apply for a visitor visa online rather than by paper base?
The CIC government has started with an online process along with the paper process. Visa application through the online process can be better because:
- If submitted online no problem of courier and mailing
- Submission is received immediately
- The online process takes less time
- If you provide an incomplete visa application by offline mode, the visa application is returned to you after some days, whereas in online mode upon completion of the form, your visa application is submitted.
- Do not have to submit the passport until the CIC asks for it
- Get updates in your online account directly about the visa status
Who requires electronic travel authorization (eTA)?
Applicants from a country that do not require a visa and would be air traveling to Canada need eTA, travel document or should inform canada visa application centre before their travel time.
What cannot be done on a visit visa?
The following cannot be done if you have a visit permit:
- You cannot study if you have a visitor visa and opt for a student visa by getting a study permit in the country
- You are not allowed to work in Canada as you do not have a work permit for the country
- You are not allowed to stay in Canada permanently